Wednesday, January 29, 2014

HOW DO WE BE A LIGHT IF WE DON'T LET IT BE SEEN?

Fueled by seeing this ARTICLE in my feed and why it was posted.

I love her bravery and respect her decision considering she’s “been struggling with being in the world, not of it lately.” She goes on to say “I have fallen prey to the alluring pull of flesh, pride, and selfish desires quite a bit recently.”  She also states “Perhaps being alone with Him as my name was announced was protecting myself from where my flesh would have tried to drag me had I been up on that stage”.

I can respect this and I hope one day we can see her grace the stage to accept an award.  The thing that concerns me is Christians post this article and say “she’s a really good Christian,” and some of us cheer her on for not participating in a secular awards show such as the Grammys.  What concerns me about these attitudes is what happens when the Grammys stops giving away ‘Best Christian Performance’ and ‘Best Christian Song’ and ‘Best Christian Album’ awards because she chose not to attend their event?  Do we complain and yell from our holly mountain tops that the Grammys doesn’t like Christians and that they persecute us along with the Federal Government for taking away Ten Commandment statues and Nativity setups on public property and eliminate prayer in schools.  What happens when they take the Christian Awards away?  Are we really being good Christians for not participating?  Why are we on a planet full of savages and heathens if we’re not supposed to interact?  What better way to reach these people than accepting an award for making Christian content because they recognized the quality of it?  Someone listened to what a Christian Artist produced and said, “I think this deserves an award.”

I bid Mandisa all my support to fight her demons, but I ask the rest of you what good comes out of making her the poster child of the movement that further alienates the rest of the world from accepting Christians from even participating in secular circles?  You know, those circles where Non-Christians are?  Those people Jesus said he came for?

No comments:

Post a Comment