Wednesday, July 24, 2013

New Music Video!

Right before I moved to Los Angeles, I shot a music video for The Solid Suns for their song The Garden.  The video is finally finished and uploaded as of this morning.  I definitely didn't get all the shots I wanted but in the end it is what it is and I'm proud of it.

When we showed up to shoot the performance portion out at the dry lake bed outside Las Vegas, my only concern going in was the potential of cops showing up and shutting us down for having a generator and several bright lights without a permit out in the middle of what I assume is protected land.  When we got there we were plagued by high winds.  When shouting, you had to be within three feet of the person you're talking to in order to make yourself heard.  Luckily I had rope in my car because we had to tie the lights to the vehicles to avoid them blowing over.  I felt accomplished that by the end of the night we only lost one light and a drum cymbal the wind.

Shooting it, there was sand blowing in our eyes and ears.  The result was some of the most badass footage I've ever shot.  The wind was so intense it added to the look.  The band members hair was all over the place and their cloths were on the verge of being torn to shreds.  In the end, if it wasn't for the help I received from my pals and fellow shooters Michael Tushaus and Michael Su, I would have had to call it due to the weather.  I couldn't have done it without them.  I'm very proud of this one:

THE GARDEN

No comments:

Post a Comment